20-80learning in Europe

Promoting Enterprise is proud to introduce Leny van der Ham, the founder of International Business College part of 20-80learning, a 2015 EEPA finalist and Runner Up. 20-80learning promotes the entrepreneurial spirit of young people, helps them complete their regular education in 80% of the time leaving the other 20% of their time for creative collaboration and personal development. The program focuses on self-development, entre- and intrapreneurship, follow-up study, real life, metacognition and languages. In more than 30 Dutch secondary schools students complete the standard secondary school course in four days a week using 80% of the class time. The remaining 20% is the 20-80learning day when students develop metacognition, entre-/intrapreneurship and skills for their further education and careers. The 20-80 learning philosophy is now being applied in the fields of business, science, technique, health, sport and arts.

20-80learning is receiving widespread positive recognition by the Dutch Ministries of Education, Culture and Science and Economic Affairs and Climate, the VO-Raad and the politics. For founder and director Leny van der Ham, the a goal is simple and manifold: ‘To me, every day is so valuable that boredom is unacceptable. An entrepreneur has to be alert to market processes: a teacher is an intrapreneur and must always be aware of his customer and his product, thus there should always be room for innovation in education!’

Through this program she aims to make education not only well-rounded and useful, but to put the fun back into education and provide a space for both students and teachers to experiment and develop. Via this approach the goal is to minimise potential negative effects such as poor performance, negative attitudes to work, negative interaction with teachers, and dropouts from further education.
Want to help implement Leny’s global vision and bring this system to teenagers worldwide? Contact: info@20-80learning.nl for more information.

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *